March 2nd, 2019 . Trauma management/Stop the Bleed course.
On February 9th, TRS will be again offering our TICS (Tactical Incident Care and Skills) course. This course is a basic tactical trauma course.
Course fees are now $100.
TICS is a basic trauma course for responding trauma incidents, hunting and camping injuries, shooting range injuries and more.
The 8hr TRS TICS Course includes:
- Care during a Tactical Incident
- Triage and rapid assessment.
- Application of CoTCCC Approved Tourniquets
- Utilization of specialized Trauma Bandages
- Patient Positioning
- Emergency Victim Carries
- Basic Documentation and Information
- Reporting and Care Transfer
Course starts at 9 am and is 8 hours with a lunch break. To register go to link at the end of this post.
An email including course info, times and directions will be sent to you when your place in the class is confirmed. You must pre-register to guarantee your spot. Class is limited to 20 and requires a minimum of 6 participants.
Participants should expect to experience trauma-related photos and training adjuncts, some which may be considered graphic in nature.
Appropriate clothing should be worn:
- Long Pants
- Shirts that which cover chest and top of arms (no sleeveless or open chest shirts)
- Long sleeve shirt or jacket for force-on-force training.
- Sturdy Boots or Shoes (no open toe)
- Eye Protection
- Sturdy Waist Belt
* The course is focused on concealed carriers and unarmed responses, if you wish to participate in any tactical equipment such as duty belts, armor, helmets or personal equipment related to the course, it is an option.
If participants already have a trauma kit, they are encouraged to bring any medical equipment that they already have for trauma care to practice with.
Although we promote the carrying of firearms for personal protection, due to the nature of the training and the use of realistic training weapons, we ask that all firearms be secured in vehicles or in our gun safes prior to the start of class. We prefer not to have any over realistic practical scenarios during the course.
For more on our TICS course, check out our concept article here: TICS Concept Post