Our Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC) teaches critical care professionals and other prehospital providers how to respond to and care for patients in a civilian tactical environment. The course is designed to decrease preventable deaths in a tactical situation. The course presents the three phases of tactical care:
- Direct Threat Care that is rendered while under attack or in adverse conditions.
- Indirect Threat Care that is rendered while the threat has been suppressed, but may resurface at any point.
- Evacuation Care that is rendered while the casualty is being evacuated from the incident site.
The 16-hour classroom course covers the following topics:
- Hemorrhage control;
- Surgical airway control and needle decompression;
- Strategies for treating wounded responders in threatening environments;
- Caring for pediatric patients; and
- Techniques for dragging and carrying victims to safety.
NAEMT’s TECC course is Endorsed by the American College of Surgeons, meets the guidelines established by the Committee on TECC and the updated National Tactical Emergency Medical Support Competency Domains. This course is accredited by CAPCE and recognized by NREMT.
Course fees are $300 per student.
Course Dates at our training center for 2019 are:
- JULY 20 – 21, 2019 – 9AM TO 6PM
- SEPTEMBER 21-22, 2019 – 9AM TO 6PM
To sign up go to our retail site here: Battle Grounds Outfitters – Courses
For PO Invoices, Government requests, or questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.