March 31st, 2019. Trauma Management/Stop the Bleed course.
TRS will offer our TICS (Tactical Incident Care and Skills) course on March 31st, 2019. This course is a stop the bleed and trauma care course.
Course fees are $100.
Courses are held at our training center located at: 100 E Lee Ave in Sherwood, Arkansas.
TICS core is the recognized Stop the Bleed course with a more expansive trauma course for regular people on how to respond to massive hemorrhaging, hunting and camping injuries, shooting range injuries and more.
The 8hr TRS TICS Course includes:
- Care during a Tactical Incident
- Triage and rapid assessment.
- Application of CoTCCC Approved Tourniquets
- Utilization of specialized Trauma Bandages
- Patient Positioning
- Emergency Victim Carries
- Basic Documentation and Information
- Reporting and Care Transfer
Course starts at 9 am and is 8 hours with a lunch break. To register go to link at the end of this post.
An email including course info, times and directions will be sent to you when your place in the class is confirmed. You must pre-register to guarantee your spot. Class is limited to 20 and requires a minimum of 6 participants.
Participants should expect to experience trauma-related photos and training adjuncts, some which may be considered graphic in nature.
Appropriate clothing should be worn:
- Long Pants
- Shirts that which cover chest and top of arms (no sleeveless or open chest shirts)
- Long sleeve shirt or jacket for force-on-force training.
- Sturdy Boots or Shoes (no open toe)
- Eye Protection
- Sturdy Waist Belt
* The course is focused on concealed carriers and unarmed responses, if you wish to participate in any tactical equipment such as duty belts, armor, helmets or personal equipment related to the course, it is an option for the participant.
If participants already have a trauma kit, they are encouraged to bring any medical equipment that they already have for trauma care to practice with.
Upon completion of the course, participants will receive a Stop the Bleed Certificate (4 Hours of CEU Credit) and a TICS Certificate with wallet card. Participants will also receive their own medical supplies to take home with them.
a Stop the Bleed Certificate (4 Hours of CEU Credit) and a TICS Certificate with wallet card. Participants will also receive their own medical supplies to take home with them.
Although we promote the carrying of firearms for personal protection, due to the nature of the training and the use of realistic training weapons, we ask that all firearms and defense weapons be secured in vehicles or in our gun lock boxes prior to the start of class. We prefer not to have any over realistic practical scenarios during the course.
For more on our TICS course, check out our concept article here: TICS Concept Post