Due to a flood of copies from China, a person looking into purchasing medical equipment be warned. There are a ton of counterfeit products hitting the market and many can cost a life if not recognized in time. These products primarily include Combat Tourniquets and Combat Clotting Gauze.
Here are a few tips to make sure you are getting the right products.
- Buy from a dealer you trust. Surplus, Amazon and Ebay are not the best place to get quality medical components you can 100% trust.
- Price is always an indicator. The SOF-T Wide Tourniquet from Tactical Medical Solutions should not cost under $25 and the CAT Tourniquet should not be less than $28.
- If its too good of a deal to be true…it isn’t. Avoid major discount sales and watch for cheaply priced medical kits.
- Research. Take time and do a little research. The internet can tell you a ton about most medical products. Check the manufacturers websites for updated products and news releases. Do your own research and learn how to purchase smartly.
- REMEMBER! This is life saving equipment. The time you take to purchase smartly could save your life.
In this day and age its always buyer beware. Quality gear that can save your, or someone else’s, life wont be cheap. Invest wisely and don’t forget to invest in the most important part of any piece of equipment….training.